The Junkyard Dog XTEND HD (Heavy Duty) Rescue Strut is the latest addition to the rescue strut line.
At only 37 lbs., the XTEND HD Strut is tested at over 20,000 lbs. and rated 2:1 at full extension. The Heavy Duty Rescue Struts retract and extend the same as a Large XTEND Rescue Strut.
Junkyard Dog Industries XTEND Style Rescue Struts are an economical and proven solution for your stabilization challenges. XTEND Style Rescue Struts uses heavy-duty, top-quality, stainless-steel aircraft quality Locking Adjustment “T” Pins for quick and secure deployment. These simple, lightweight, and easy-to-use rescue struts work on the “tension buttress” principle for quick and secure deployment. They can allow even a single firefighter to stabilize heavier apparatus faster, better, and often far more easily than a team of rescuers with a truck full of cribbing and connectors.
Junkyard Dog Industries Vehicle Rescue Struts have proven, over and over, those in-vehicle rescue situations when time is critical, less equipment does do more.
- A lightweight solution to stabilizing heavier apparatus
- Less equipment does more work
- Struts are easily applied by one rescuer
- Lower cost than many alternative strut systems
- Lighter, more compact design
- Replaces quantities of cumbersome wood cribbing
- All accessories are included with the purchase of a rescue strut
- (2) Heavy Duty XTEND HD Rescue Struts
- Retracted Length of 51″ to a Maximum Extension of 81″
- 37 lbs. Total Individual Weight
- Standard Red Color
- (2) Witches Hat Point Heads
- (2) 90 Degree Heads
- (2) Accessory Pouches
- (2) Pickets
- (2) Simpson Ratchet Straps; floating claw hook attached
- (2) Simpson Axle Straps; floating claw hook attached
Contrasted with `4-gauge solid wall steel, and using top quality locking “T” pins and military-grade ratchet and axle straps, our struts are engineered to accommodate conventional and ultra-modern vehicles construction features effectively. Each Junkyard Dog XTEND Heavy Duty Rescue Strut Set comes with a durable accessory bag containing all accessories for both struts in the set and is powder-coated for an enduring finish. The XTEND HD Rescue Strut is tested at over 20,000 lbs. and rated 2:1 at full extension.
- Retracted Length: 51”
- Maximum Extension: 81”
- Total Individual Weight: 37 lbs.
- Polymer Coated Base for Better Grip
- Base and Clevis Operate Separately so Base Will Stay Flat on Ground
- Large Clevis Allows to Pass Through the Ratchet Strap Head for Single Strap Triangulation
- All locking T-Handle pins will be attached to the strut via a wire cable lanyard.
- The struts are rated with a 2:1 safety factor at 10,000 lbs. in all pin locations.
- All steel components are sandblasted and then finished with powder coating.
- A hot polyurethane coating will be applied to the bottom base and picket head.
- An accessory shoulder bag made of 12 Ounce Polyester Coated Vinyl is included with each set to hold various items that include: (2) Axle Straps (3300 WLL); (2) Ratchet Straps (3300 WLL); (2) Pointed Heads and (2) 90 Degree heads.
JYD Industries, also known as Junkyard Dog Industries, is a division of ESI Equipment, Inc.