The Junkyard Dog Industries ZSTRUT Style Rescue Struts replaces the pin-placement system used in XTEND Style rescue struts with a proprietary quick-locking collar that makes it easier than ever to meet all your stabilization needs. Forget cumbersome, complicated, cribbing. These simple, self-contained, lightweight rescue struts work on the “tension buttress” principal for quick and secure deployment. They can allow even a single firefighter to stabilize a vehicle faster, better, and often far more easily than a team of rescuers with a truck full of cribbing and connectors.
The structure of the medium strut was inspired by the lack of room for the current Large STRUTs on rescue engines. Using this as motivation, we found that the design of the new Medium STRUT is essential in accommodating rescue engines. Testing showed that similar operations of the Small and Large Strut could be accomplished by the Medium-sized strut.
JYD Industries Vehicle Rescue Struts have proven, over and over, that in-vehicle rescue situations when time is critical, less equipment definitely does do more.
- Less equipment does more work
- One rescuer can carry two complete struts
- Struts are easily applied by one rescuer
- Lower cost than many alternative systems
- Lighter, more compact design
- Replaces quantities of cumbersome wood cribbing
- All accessories are attached to the strut
- No Adjustment Pin Needed:
- Just pull up to extend
- Rotate collar to make fine-tune adjustments
- Pull up on collar to retract
- (2)Medium Rescue ZSTRUTS
- (2) Witches Hat Point Heads
- (2) 90 Degree Heads
- (2) Accessory Pouches
- (2) Pickets
- (2) Simpson Ratchet Straps
- (2) Simpson Axle Straps
The ZSTRUT Style Rescue Struts work on the “tension buttress” principal for quick and secure deployment construct of 4 gauge solid wall steel outer tube, inner threaded stainless steel column, double ZipNut® adjustment, and Simpson ratchet and axle straps. Our struts and engineered to accommodate conventional and ultra-modern vehicle construction features effectively. Each rescue strut comes with a durable accessory pouch, is powder coated for an enduring finish, and is third-party tested to a rated weight of up to 5,000 lbs.
- Retracted Length of 39”
- Maximum Extension: 64”
- Total Individual Weight: 29 lbs.
- Triangulate with One Ratchet Strap
- Self Contained for Easy Deployment
- Polymer Coated Base for Better Grip
- Base and Clevis Operate Separately so Base Will Stay Flat on Ground
- Large Clevis Allows to Pass Through the Ratchet Strap Head for Single Strap Triangulation
- Infinite Adjustment Due to 304 Stainless Steel Threaded Rod
- Comes with Accessory Bag Attached to Strut
- Simpson Ratchet and Axle Strap Rated at 1,300 lbs.
- Patented Zipnut® Technology Allows for Finer Deployment Adjustability with the Ability to Follow Lifts
JYD Industries, also known as Junkyard Dog Industries, is a division of ESI Equipment, Inc.